The Selling Process has many different steps. It is not simply a matter of putting a sign in the yard and informing the neighbors. We will guide you through the process in a manner that is consistent with your real estate goals. That being said, there are some general steps that we will follow in getting your home sold. We both follow this similar process so you can rest assured that if you are working with either of us, we are following a proven system that gets results!
- Initial interview – We will set an appointment with you to talk about your real estate goals and to view your home and property. We will take extensive notes as we tour your home so we can work on determining a market price range and begin to think about how we will be marketing your home. Once we have an understanding of why you are planning a move and have scoured your home, looking for potential listing dollars, we will begin my research…
- Market Pricing – We will utilize the data power of the MLS to find comparable properties in your area that are currently listed, are under contract, and have sold. There are a lot of variables we will be reviewing – from view, acreage, square footage, finishes and area. Because we grew up here, we have an innate understanding of the neighborhoods, areas, and what appeals to buyers. We may have different pricing models based on your particular goals. For example, if your goal is to sell quickly or avoid investing money on needed repairs, then we may need to price your home more aggressively. In order to get the most showings and buyers eyes on the property, pricing it right is key.
- Final Planning – During this meeting where we are reviewing price, we will also review our marketing plan, review any last minute property fixes that are on your list to do, and we will decide when to put it on the market. At this time, we will also make a plan for staging and photography. We utilize professional stagers to give us a roadmap of what will make your home appealing to the widest range of buyers. We will make a staging implementation plan and schedule the photographer so your listing will shine when it hits the market.
Proactive Marketing is the fundamental of a highly effective marketing campaign. The list below includes just some of the innovative marketing strategies we implement for every listing.
Buyers want to see what your home looks like before they decide to visit. They need visual images in order to imagine themselves living there. To enhance the exposure of your home, we hire a photographer to take high end photographs of your home, showcasing all the best features, both inside and out. Detailed descriptions are also critical for allowing buyers to find your listing and understand how the home flows together, even if they are viewing the home online.
Today’s buyer is very tech savvy! 92% of buyers are looking online for homes. In our rural area, this number may be closer to 99%. Often buyers look for their new home online before they ever actually visit a home. We’ll showcase your home by using professional and eye-catching marketing to maximize your home’s online presence. Additionally, your home will be syndicated on our company website, our personal website, and all our affiliated websites. We certainly use the power of the internet by adding your virtual tour to YouTube and 40+ other social media sites, you may check our YouTube page here.
Although online marketing is critical, buyers still want print marketing that highlights the features and benefits of your home. We create:
- A house flyer including photography and descriptions. This is available both inside the home and for potential buyers driving by.
- Home book in the home which provides tax information, maps, and other very detailed information on the home.
- Special feature cards are strategically placed around the home, pointing out the features that may not be apparent to the naked eye such as a built-in vacuum system.
- Just Listed notification – in the event your home’s marketing plan warrants this type of marketing, I will send out information to your neighbors about your home being listed.
- A CD containing photos for buyers to take with them. Although many agents have ceased doing this due to the robust photo gallery on the MLS, we still find that providing a CD with the photos of the home (often many more than can fit on the MLS gallery) and captions on the photos are a memorable marketing piece that buyers can take with them when they leave your home (which will hopefully have them coming back for more).
- Yard Sign – With our company sign in your yard, your listing will be associated with one of the most successful and regionally recognized real estate companies in our area. Our personalized yard sign is placed in a manner to draw attention to your home, direct potential buyers to our website, and to provide easy access to our professional flyers.
- Networking – Our extensive network includes our database of contacts and qualified buyers, real estate investors, the agents within our local company and community, plus the thousands of agents we have a referral relationship with outside of our region. Not to mention the thousands of community members we have connected with over the years. What better way to get your home sold!